Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Prayer

I became a prayerful person when I converted to Born Again Christian. The story behind of me became a born again christian was when I was in my first year college, one of my high school classmate refer my name as her friend to received a booklets as part of a program in one of  a christian group in U.S. I already forgot  the name of the church. Every month I received those post-mailed envelope full of booklets about the word of God. Though I was not really interested with those booklets but one time I got a chance to read one. After I read one booklet It interest me to read the rest of those. And I haven't noticed I already read all of the booklets that was sent to me. One day, I turn on the t.v. and don't know why I just don't like the show on the channel we used to watch, so I switch to other network. And I land to a not popular channel, that moment the show was a replay of Don Moen Concert here in Philippines. As I watch the show, I was really moved with the people who sincerely pray and worship, they sing and dance, closing their eyes,raising their hands and they were crying as they sing so with Don Moen. They look so full of joy and satisfied. That time I realized I want to be like them, I also want to pray and worship thru singing and dancing. And I want to Cry and Shout out Loud!
So I decided to try to go to church of born again Christians, I asked permission from my parents to allow me to go to the church of born again christian and I was thankful because I got their approval. So I asked my high school classmate (shes one of my best friend during high school)  If I can go with her and attend their sunday service in their church, and she was really shock and happy of what I said.

I cannot forget on my first attend on their sunday service, because I was being moved by the Holy Spirit thru the worship song "Power of Love" and "Lord of I lift your name on High". I cried so much because I was touch with the song, especially in this line " Lord I come to You, Let my heart be changed, renewed flowing for your grace that I found in you"  and also this line "I'm so glad you're in my life, I'm so glad you came to save us" it was my first time to hear that song but I was already touch with the meaning of the songs. And it made me cry so much when the message from God which has said by the Pastor was  "Find your lost  brother and sister, tell them I that I love them" I cried when I heard the message because I feel I'm one of the found lost ship. It was such a great feeling.

After many sundays, I decided to be baptized and accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and personal Savior. And that was just the beginning of me being into prayers and being Christian.


No comments:

Post a Comment